Monday, December 15, 2008

They call me a light packer...


If someone told me a year ago that I would be traveling to Thailand, not to mention taking only this one bag for a month, I would have laughed in their face! Seriously, this trip was completely spontaneous and it's still unreal to believe that I'll be half way across the world in less than two days. My backpack (which has wheels :) is AWESOME! The best part is that it has a smaller detachable backpack on the front for day trips. Sad note-one of the zippers broke today on my final packing of it (sorry KK), but it'll still work just fine.


So most of ya'll have never met the good friend I'm going with, Michelle Ovits. Let me just say- she rocks! This summer, I got to run around with her and three other amazing FSU (go seminoles) girls. (Knowing that they will be there when I go back to Fort Lauderdale has made me feel so much better about the big move) Anyways, her sis is over in Thailand teaching English to some local kiddos-sounds like a perfectly good reason to visit, right? Oh, and both of us did just graduate from school so we are finally FREE! She is second to the left with the blonde hair (aren't my girls beautiful?!).

Well, I'm not sure when I'll have internet access again, but next time I do I'll be able to write first hand what life on the other side of the world is like. Until then, take care!

7 comments:

  1. soo cute! I love u!!!. u better put up continous updates so we all can hear about your crazy trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard from Melissa while she was in San Francisco. Everything is okay, so far. I am anxious to hear details about the trip.
    -Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you already! Hope you have the time of your life. Have way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sis!
    I hope you have a kick ass memorable time before you start working like us real adults. j/k. Be safe and see you in a month!
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey QT, please be careful and know we are praying for you! I hope you have a great time and send plenty of pictures. XXOOXX Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melissa:
    Sounds like you are ready to have a blast! Good going. I'm here with your momma and Jim and having sausage and meeting Matt's girlfriend and all that good stuff. You have such a fun and happy life ahead of you. You are going to have such a great time. Keep us Posted. Your momma is a little nervous so check in from time to time.
    Aunt Teri and Your Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooohhhh my gosh liebelein Melissa
    how does one do this!!!!!! "diet-pack"
    when one with so much natural beauty as you , does not need so much material things to dress up into:-)))
    Have a great time in Thai Melissa and keep us informed of youradventures travels!!!
    We´re missing you already!!
    Bon Voyáge und ein Guten Flug!!
    love you dear and very proud of your courage!
    GOFORIT!!!

    ReplyDelete