Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ahh, travel stories!

Greetings, friends and family! I made it in to Thailand about six hours ago after 27 hours of travel, whew. So far, I've only taken a taxi ride from the airport to Rachel's apartment so I can't say I've gotten the Thai experience yet. However, I do have a little story for you that happened during my layover in Japan...

I'm sure ya'll have heard of a bidet, right? Well, apparently in Japan they even have these contraptions in the public restrooms. So, when in Rome, right...? WRONG! After 13 hours on a plane, my bladder was about to explode, so I pick a stall to do my business. I look down and there are 4 buttons to choose from. One was the bidet button to clean yourself (as the picture to the right depicts), so I push it. Within seconds, a shot of water with the pressure of a fire hose came out from the toilet. I quickly jumped off the toilet with surprise. Then it starts shooting all over the bathroom stall wall, so I try and shield it with my hand. After what felt like an eternity I finally found the stop button and thankfully the water ceased fire. There I stood with my pants around my ankles with what looked a water gun fight had taken place in my 2ft x 2ft stall. Let's just say I won't be trying that again anytime soon...

8 comments:

  1. Been having some bad experiences in the restroom huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I can just picture you frantically trying to find the off button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melissa...this story is so you. OF COURSE you would have a bathroom incident before your journey even begins. Haha. Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't stopped laughing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Have a great time,
    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you manage to stay safe in your travels. I'm sure you will conquer the toilet before it is all said and done!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  6. im not surprised at all that you already managed to get in a fight with a toilet! totally like you...

    missin you :)
    -brookie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are you? How much fun are you having? We want to know! Miss you muches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Bridget-`Bidet´" around the world in one day or two ... sprinkle srinkle líl star..how i wonder how U R ...super funny....enjoy your travel experiences!! luv ya annie & norbie!

    ReplyDelete