Saturday, December 13, 2008

T-minus 2 days

Just two more days and I will be boarding a 3-stop, 22 hour flight to Bangkok, Thailand for one whole month! Although Dad graciously supplied me with some sleeping meds, I still don't know how I'm going to make it through that flight. I've downloaded tons of games and books on my new ipod touch (thanks, Mom and Jim) I got for my graduation present this weekend. Hopefully it will also assist me in keeping in touch via this blog.


Flight itinerary: (23 hours)
Depart from Houston at 7:25am (Dec 16th)
Make stops in San Francisco and Tokyo
Arrive in Bangkok at 11:45 at night (Dec 17th)


Another problem I've been faced with- what should I take?? Seeing as I am only taking one carry on backpack and a small purse- I must think strategically about this. I've narrowed it down to about 2 pairs of shorts, 2 capris, one pair of cargo pants, 5 tanks, 4 shirts, 2 cover up/dresses, 2 swimsuits, one pair of flip flops, a pair of nice sandals and a pair tennis shoes (not to mention toiletries, electronics, and my underoos). Where do I make the cut?

Well, today was also a day of birthday celebrations- Dad and Rhonda hosted a birthday party for Amy(who turned 26 today) and myself with family and friends. Boy do I love hanging out with my family! So Rhonda bought us both birthday cakes with our pictures on them and I this is the piece I was given...if you look closely, it's me with my graduation cap on :)

3 comments:

  1. I am going to miss you so much. Take lots of pictures and video. Be careful, and don't do anything I wouldn't do! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i wish i could eat a slice of cake with my picture on it! i'll miss you girlie and call me or email me whenever you can! stay safe. enjoy ur new iPod touch too :) i love you to the moon and back, brookie

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed having some time with you before you left on your BIG ADVENTURE. know that we love you and that you are in our prayers. we know you are going to have the time of your life. call when you hit the states and let me know what down south food you want for dinner. thai anyone? love aunt barb and uncle frank

    ReplyDelete